I’ve been on this obsession with cushion compacts lately. Check out my last post HERE on AmorePacfic’s. I thought Amorepacific’s was great but I may have found one that I like slightly better. Enter Sulwhasoo. This line has been the best kept secret in Korean skincare until now. You may have seen this line in select Neiman Marcus & Bergdorf Goodman stores. Many Korean women would probably credit this line for their youthful and bright skin.
The biggest difference I found with this product versus their counterpart, AmorePacfic, is that there is more coverage and the finish is a little less dewy. It is still dewy but not as much as Amorepacific’s and the coverage is comparable to a medium coverage foundation but with significantly more added benefits (listed below). As mentioned in the previous post, I’ve eliminated foundation from my daily routine since using the cushion compacts.
The only drawback I would find is that they only make 2 shades in these compacts. If you fall into a darker shade then you’re essentially out of luck. Since this is a Korean brand they produce products for the Korean/Asian markets, which generally fall in to the fair and less fair complexions. Since they are getting into more global markets such as the US and Europe, I’m hoping they start producing for the global market by adding 2-3 darker shades.
- Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ protects against both harmful UVA and UVB rays
- Fills micro lines and ensures color builds into fine even layers
- Brightens and prevents skin irritation while providing superior antioxidant protection
- Hydrating Bamboo Sap Formula replaces traditional water in oil base for deep moisturization
- Dynamic Fluid Capture System Technology transforms liquid into a refined emulsion. Non-absorbing Air Cell puff applicator cools and soothes the skin
To USE: Apply after skincare, sunscreen and BB cream. If the finish is too dewy, dust a little pressed or loose powder on the top to set.